Make: The Ultimate Mulled Wine with Brown Brothers Cienna
Wed 20 May 2020
Gluhwein (Mulled Wine)
Whether the occasion is après ski, Christmas in July or a bonfire when camping in the bush, Gluhwein (Mulled Wine) is simply joy in a glass – and we think our Cienna makes the perfect blend. Enjoy!
- 1 750mL bottle of your favourite Brown Brothers Cienna (or the NEW Cienna Zero for an alcohol-free alternative!)
- 3/4 cup water (or orange juice)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 fresh orange
- 10 whole cloves
- Combine the water, sugar, and cinnamon stick in a saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer.
- Slice the orange and push the cloves into the slices and place in the simmering water. Continue simmering for 30 minutes, until thick and syrupy.
- Pour in the Cienna, and heat until steaming but not boiling. Serve hot in mugs or jars that have been preheated in warm water (cold jars will break).
Serves: 7 – 8
Day 8: Picnic Perfection
Day 7: Garden Delights
Day 4: From Sea to Vine
Day 2: A Twist on Tradition
Day 5: Chilli, spice & all things nice
Day 3: Fire up the 'Barbie
Day 1: Sparkle into the Season with Tassie Oyster Trio
Day 9: Sweet Indulgence
Day 10: Sunset Sippers