Make: Spring Prawn Salad with Pinot Grigio
Wed 31 Aug 2022
A King Valley icon, Pinot Grigio is a versatile food wine that pairs perfectly with fresh cucumber, prawns, and a kick of chilli.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 100g vermicelli noodles
- 1 continental cucumber
- 500g cooked prawns, peeled
- 2 shallots, finely sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 small red chilli, halved, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (keep the wedges to serve!)
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 30g peanuts, chopped
WHAT TO DO
- Put the noodles in a heatproof bowl and pour over a kettle of freshly boiled water. Set aside for 3-5 minutes until the noodles are just tender.
- Peel the cucumber, and cut it in half lengthways. Use a teaspoon to scoop out the seeds, and discard. Cut the cucumber into thin slices.
- In a separate large bowl combine the chilli, garlic, fish sauce, sugar and lime juice. Add the prawns and toss to coat in the dressing.
- Drain the noodles, then add to the prawns and dressing along with the cucumber. Toss again, then transfer to a serving plate. Scatter with mint leaves and chopped peanuts, then serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
Day 6: Great Aussie Classic
Day 3: Fire up the 'Barbie
Day 5: Chilli, spice & all things nice
Day 1: Sparkle into the Season with Tassie Oyster Trio
Day 4: From Sea to Vine
Day 7: Garden Delights
Day 2: A Twist on Tradition
Day 8: Picnic Perfection
Day 9: Sweet Indulgence