Cook: Adam Liaw’s BBQ Chicken with Herb Butter
Mon 19 Nov 2018
Adam Liaw's BBQ Chicken with Herb Butter recipe was created exclusively for Brown Brothers, to match the 1889 Dry Rose.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 50g unsalted butter
- ½ small brown onion, finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- a handful of rosemary sprigs, leaves stripped
- a handful of thyme sprigs
- 1 red bird’s eye chilli, sliced
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup loosely packed parsley leaves, finely shredded
- ½ cup loosely packed dill, finely shredded
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, with skin and on the bone
- ½ tsp sea salt, plus extra for seasoning
WHAT TO DO
- Heat a barbecue grill to over medium heat. Place a small saucepan on the grill and heat a little of the butter.
- Fry the onion and garlic until golden brown, then add the remaining butter, rosemary, thyme, chili, salt and pepper.
- When the butter turns lightly golden, remove from the heat and stir through the shredded herbs, lemon rind and lemon juice.
- Season the chicken well with salt and grill for around 6 minutes on each side until well browned and cooked through.
- Baste the chicken with the herb butter for the last few minutes of cooking.
- Rest the chicken for a few minutes, basting with more butter, and serve.
Day 4: From Sea to Vine
Day 7: Garden Delights
Day 10: Sunset Sippers
Day 9: Sweet Indulgence
Day 2: A Twist on Tradition
Day 6: Great Aussie Classic
Day 5: Chilli, spice & all things nice
Day 1: Sparkle into the Season with Tassie Oyster Trio
Day 8: Picnic Perfection