The start of 2020 has certainly been a testing time for all of us, but despite the setbacks experienced at both a local and global scale, we’ve remained united in our optimism, solidarity and of course, our love for a decent drop.
While we’ve had to make the difficult but necessary decision to cancel all upcoming festivals and large events as per government advice, at this stage our Milawa site will still be welcoming guests and running as normal. The situation remains fluid, and we will continue to monitor and abide by the advice given by the government, as well as communicate these to changes to our guests. We look forward to seeing you soon, whether that’s at our restaurant and wine bar, shopping for wine online, or tasting our latest releases at cellar door.
We have always maintained the highest health and hygiene practices, and we can assure you our team have implemented several further actions to ensure a safe and healthy winery experience for all. Among them, our entire team is committed to;
- Increased frequency of disinfectant wipe downs of all tables, counters, door handles
- Increasing the frequency of restroom disinfectant wipe downs
- Ensuring our staff regularly and thoroughly wash and disinfect their hands, especially after clearing tables and handling money
- Refraining from hand shaking and unnecessary physical contact
- Not coming to work if they are in any way unwell
- Not coming to work for 14 days if they have recently travelled overseas, been in contact with someone who has tested positive for covid-19, or has been tested positive themselves.
What you can do to help:
- Be extra diligent with personal hygiene
- Be respectful of others and take responsibility for your own health and wellbeing
- Wash your hands thoroughly before eating and after using the restroom, and encourage your companions to do the same
- Encourage friends and family to continue supporting small businesses
- Don’t panic, stay positive, and look after one another!
We look forward to welcoming you to Brown Brothers very soon, either for a long weekend or a visit to say hello – we’ve got no shortage of wine and would love to see you. If you’re not local or choosing to remain close to home, our online store remains open 24/7, delivering Australia wide.
If you have any questions or concerns at all please feel free to get in touch. In the meantime, are grateful for your ongoing support, patience and understanding.